We have a video tutorial to reset your
If you want to start over with a new Minecraft server, you can easily do so without having to order another server. You simply need to reset your server. Resetting your server allows you to completely remove everything from your server so you can start over. This is especially useful if you’re switching from one mod package to another, changing your server type or version, or just want to start over. If you just want to have a whole new world and keep everything the same, you can simply reset your Minecraft server world (How to reset your Minecraft world).
Before you get started with this guide, it is highly recommended that you create a backup of your world to ensure that you have a copy of your current world in case you need it again.
HOW TO RESET YOUR MINECRAFT SERVER
- Log in to your server’s control panel (Guide: How to Access Your Server’s Control Panel). If you have more than one server, select the server you want to reset.
- Stop the server if it is currently running. This prevents the server from creating new files or modifying existing ones. <img
- Server Type drop-down menu and select the option you prefer to use after reboot.<img src="https://images.shockbyte.com/knowledgebase/8gODQG0nNj.png" alt="" /> Navigate to
- Files > Settings from the left sidebar. <img
- On the Settings page, click the drop-down menu and select the Reset/Delete Server Files option (also check “Delete all server files”) as the Template. Select the Delete all
- enter your control panel password, and click APPLY.
- The settings page should look like this now. Be sure to check that the options are correct.
- Click the Start button in the Multicraft panel to start the server reset. You can check if the server reset was successful from your control panel.
src=”https://images.shockbyte.com/knowledgebase/2019-01-09_09-18-28.gif” alt=”Reset Server – Stop Server” /> Navigate to the
src=”https://images.shockbyte.com/knowledgebase/2022-03-21_VCRDWGHDIn.png” alt=”” />
files from server checkbox,
That’s it! A new server will be generated for you! You can now stop the server again and choose a server type to continue.
ALTERNATIVE METHOD TO DELETE FILES USING AN FTP CLIENT (FILEZILLA)
This alternative method will show you how to delete all files from your server via FileZilla. This method can be used if you have extremely large files or folders on your server that the FTP file manager in the panel is not’t able to delete.
If you are not familiar with how to use FileZilla or any FTP client, you can refer to this guide before proceeding with the steps below: How to use FileZilla for FTP (File Management) Access
your server files
- by logging into your FTP server using FileZilla. <img src="https://images.shockbyte.com/knowledgebase/12-18-15IEK.gif" alt="Reset Server – Log in to FileZilla
- Once you have logged in through FileZilla, select all the files and folders in your server directory by pressing CTRL+A on your keyboard. <img
- Once you have selected all the files and folders on the server, right-click the selected files and click Delete.
- You will be asked to confirm the deletion of your files and folder. Just click Yes to confirm and continue. This will start the process of deleting all files from your server.
src=”https://images.shockbyte.com/knowledgebase/2019-01-14_18-56-03.gif” alt=”Reset Server – Select all files via FileZilla” />
If you need further assistance, please contact our support at: https://shockbyte.com/billing/submitticket.php