Are you bothered by the yellow exclamation mark you see in front of PCI controllers in Device Manager?
You’re not alone; most Windows users face the same problem that PCI device drivers are missing. This post will explain how to fix PCI device driver yellow exclamation issue and download and update PCI device drivers.
What is a PCI controller?
Peripheral component interconnect, also known as PCI, is a piece of hardware that connects to your computer’s motherboard. Properly updating the driver helps keep your PC’s hardware devices running smoothly. When these device drivers are corrupt, missing, or outdated, your PC stops working properly. Therefore, you must keep the PCI driver up to date.
Why update PCI Device Driver?
Device Driver is software that allows a PCI device to function properly. Suppose you receive an error message PCI device drivers are not installed, or the PCI driver does not appear in ‘Device Manager’, or you see a ‘Yellow Exclamation Mark’ on your PCI device. You must update the latest PCI device driver for Windows to resolve these issues.
Read here- How to Fix PCI Serial Port Driver Issues in Windows How to Fix PCI
Device Driver Missing Issue? Method 1: Manually update the PCI device driver Method 2: Update the PCI device
through the manufacturer’s website
3: Automatically update the PCI device driver (recommended)
. Updating the PCI memory controller driver via Device Manager
1. Press Windows + R to open Run Windows
2. Type devmgmt.msc in the Run window.
3. This will open Device Manager. Double-click Other Devices, > right-click the PCI device > Update Driver.
3. Now you will get a new window with two options:
Search for drivers automatically
Find drivers on my computer
Select, Search for drivers automatically, and wait for Windows to check for driver updates
4. Wait for a few minutes for the process to finish. If an update is available, the PCI driver will be updated.
5. However, if you receive the message Best drivers for your device are already installed, we suggest that you click Check for updated drivers on Windows Update.
6. Click Check for updates > if an update is available, download and install it.
7. Restart the PC; this should help fix the problem.
However, if this doesn’t work, move on to the next solution.
Must Read: How to Download and Update Realtek PCIe GbE Family Driver
Driver Method 2: Update
the PCI device driver from the manufacturer’s website
If the above steps do not work, you should visit the manufacturer’s website to update the PCI driver. To do so, you will first need the driver’s details. Follow the instructions below to collect the details and update the PCI driver to fix the PCI 11/10/8.1/8/7 device driver missing error.
1. Press Windows + X > Device Manager.
2. Double-click Other Devices > right-click the PCI controller against which you will see a yellow exclamation mark.
3. Select Properties > click the
Details tab > click the down arrow and select Hardware ID
. <img src="https://bg.systweak.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/hardware-ids.jpg" alt="
select Hardware Ids” />4. Copy the first hardware ID in the list. <img src
alt=”Copy Listed Hardware ID” />5. Open the web browser and search engine to find the driver update.
6. Click the correct link to download the driver update manually. When you do this, make sure that you are downloading the correct driver for the version of Windows that you are using.
7. Follow the instructions to install the update.
8. Restart the system to apply the changes. You can automatically download the driver update using Advanced Driver Updater if this sounds too much work.
See this: How to troubleshoot
PCI modem drivers
Method 3: Automatically update the PCI device driver (recommended)
If the above steps are not something you like, use Advanced Driver Updater to get the latest version of the PCI driver
This driver updater for Windows gives you the latest driver updates and detects PC and device information. In addition, the user does not need any technical knowledge. The utility will automatically detect system details and display compatible driver updates that will prevent you from installing incorrect driver updates.
Using the FREE or paid version, drivers can be updated. The advantage of using the registered Advanced Driver Updater is that it allows you to update all outdated drivers at once, while the FREE version allows you to update individual drivers. Plus, you get a 60-day money-back guarantee and tech support with the registered version. Follow the steps to use Advanced Driver Updater.
1. Click the Download Now button to get Advanced Driver Updater.
2. Launch Advanced Driver Updater and launch it by clicking the Start Scan Now button.
<img src="https://bg.systweak.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/ADU-1.jpg" alt="Advanced Driver Updater" />3. Let the driver update tool finish the scan > review the scan results > update the driver. To update the PCI driver as a test user, click the update driver in front of its name. However, click the Update All button if you are a registered user and update all outdated drivers.
4. Restart your PC to download and update your PCI device drivers for the changes to take effect.
Read this: How to Fix AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged in – Windows 11, 10
Here’s how you can update the PCI serial port driver and fix the PCI device driver yellow exclamation mark issue.
With the help of the steps mentioned above, we hope that you can update the PCI device driver. However, if you want the safest way, try Advanced Driver Updater. The driver update tool will help to update the drivers smoothly.
Check this- How to Download and Update Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Driver
If you have any questions or suggestions, please share them with us in the comments section.