Congratulations on choosing Sync! As a Sync customer, you can:
Access your documents and files
- from multiple computers and mobile devices
- Protect your data by backing it up to the cloud
- Set up centralized folders that can be accessed by multiple people
- Keep your documents and files safe, secure, and private.
your files securely.
This article is intended for free Sync Starter, Personal Pro, and Pro Solo customers. If you’re a Business Pro Teams customer, check out the Business Pro Teams Getting Started Guide.
the Sync desktop app for Windows or Mac on your computer
Once you’ve signed up for Sync, you can install the Sync desktop app on your computer. The desktop app seamlessly integrates Sync with your computer, working behind the scenes to securely sync your files to the cloud.
Follow the step-by-step desktop app installation instructions article
- for more details
- Download the Sync desktop app installer to get started.
the web panel Sync.com
Sync provides web-based access to your files through the web panel. The web panel is a secure way to access your documents and account settings from any web browser, or when you don’t have the desktop app installed.
- Follow the web panel tutorial article for more details on how it works
- Log in to the web dashboard to get started.
3. Get the Sync mobile apps for iOS
With Sync you can easily access and preview your files from any iPhone, iPad or Android device. Mobile apps are available on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Just search for “Sync.com” to find the app and install it.
Get the iOS app (iPhone and iPad) here
- the Android app (Android phones and tablets) here.
Backup and sync your files using
the Sync folder
The Sync desktop app creates a special Sync folder on your computer, and the Sync folder works just like any other folder. However, files in the Sync folder are automatically backed up to the cloud, can be synced to your other computers or devices, are protected with version history and deleted file recovery, and can optionally be shared.
- Follow the article How to Access the Sync folder on your computer for more details on how it works.
5. Archive your files with
Your Sync account includes a cloud-only storage space called Vault. Vault is typically used to back up files and folders located outside the Sync folder. Files stored in Vault don’t automatically sync to your other computers or devices, making it ideal for backing up or freeing up space.
- Follow the Vault tutorial article for more details on how it works.
6. Share your files securely with
Sync links make it easy to send files and folders to almost anyone. Link recipients cannot edit the original file in any way (links are read-only) and do not need a sync account.
- Follow the links tutorial article for more details on how to share your files using links
- Links include access control permissions like passwords, expiration dates, email notifications, and more. The article on link permissions provides more details.
7. Collaborate with multiple users using team shared folders
Synchronization can be configured for use with multiple users, which is typically in an enterprise environment where administrative access control is required. Multi-user collaboration lets you securely share folders and collaborate on files, in a fully managed shared folder workspace.
- Follow the article How to use team shared folders for more details on how to set up centralized folders for team collaboration.
8. Protect your Sync account with two-factor authentication
Two-factor authentication is a recommended security feature that can help protect your Sync account from unauthorized access
- Follow the article how to enable 2FA for more details.
9. Set up password recovery options to help you reset a forgotten
Important: For maximum security and privacy, Sync does not store or transmit your password (to ensure that no one can obtain it). As such, it’s crucial that you keep a copy of your password in a safe place, make sure you have the Sync desktop app installed, or optionally enable email-based password recovery or set a password hint. Otherwise, if you lose your password, there will be no way to recover it.
10. Contact us if you have any questions, we are here to help!
Let our team of Sync experts help you get started. Contact us now.